• SOLUTION MINDFULNESS
Solution Mindfulness provides secular mindfulness education and consulting by Genevieve Tregor, MS, who also leads the Insight Meditation Scottsdale group. Solution Mindfulness offers mindfulness programming including workshops, retreats and the 8-week MBSR course, which offers an in-depth and progressive training in mindfulness practices including body-based meditation practices, sitting meditation and daily life mindfulness. Most programs offer APA continuing education for mental health professionals. Genevieve has an in-depth background in mindfulness practice, with over 11 months of intensive retreat experience, including long retreats of up to 9 weeks. www.solutionmindfulness.com
• BREON MICHEL LLC Mindfulness Programs & Retreats
Phoenix, AZ • 480-241-0929
Whether you want to start - or deepen - a mindfulness practice, Breon offers a variety of ongoing classes throughout Arizona, including:
• 8-week series: Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
• Daylong Mindfulness Retreats
• Free Community classes.
• THE MEDITATION LEARNING CENTER
1030 W 9th Street; Mesa, AZ 85201
The Meditation Learning Center provides learning opportunities in the practice and training of meditation and mindfulness worldwide and locally.
Led by Shane Wilson, a Buddhist minister who has studied meditation throughout the world with many gifted teachers including Bhante Gunaratana. He regularly teaches at the Arizona International Buddhist Meditation Center as well as facilitating meditation gatherings, workshops, retreats as well as running a private practice.
• MESA MINDFULNESS
The intention of Mesa Mindfulness is to pass on meditation-related events and provide support to individual and community practice. This includes hosting weekly sits and silent retreats as well as circulating information about local meditation groups and other mindfulness based practices and activities.
- Although this site hosts events that utilize Buddhist practices it is not intended to be limited to Buddhism. Discussions involving any religion, book or other mindfulness related practices or wisdom teachings are encouraged.
- We welcome any form of silent, still meditation at our weekly Friday night sit. Please bring something to sit on: chairs, cushions, etc, we also have a couple extra chairs and cushions. Donations are welcome but are not required.
- We also have an all day silent retreat once a month on the 3rd Sunday. This group is peer-led but occasionally we are pleased to have a teacher facilitate our retreats. We look forward to sitting with you!
Newsletter sign-up: http://www.mesamindfulness.com/signup-for-newsletter.html
• FLAGSTAFF INSIGHT MEDITATION COMMUNITY
2708 North Fourth Street Suite B-3 - Flagstaff, AZ 86004
We are a group of meditators who meet together for silent meditation, Buddhist teaching and discussion. We emphasize Vipassana, or Mindfulness meditation though anyone is welcome to sit with us and practice their preferred meditation techniques. We offer weekly dharma talks with our resident teacher Brian Lesage, guest teachers, or occasionally a recorded talk. We also host study groups, silent sits, and retreats.
• MINDFULNESS FIRST SCHOOL DISTRICT
Cave Creek, AZ - Life skills for children and adults
PRESCOTT INSIGHT MEDITATION
Our primary activity is silent meditation, held each Tuesday evening at the First Congregational Church, 216 East Gurley, Prescott, Arizona. Our meditation hall is located downstairs – please enter through the lower door on the Alarcon St. (east) side of the building. All are welcome, of any race, class, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ability, culture, or ethnicity. Also - check our Retreats section for the latest info on Prescott area retreats.
• TUCSON COMMUNITY MEDITATION CENTER
1147 N. Howard Boulevard; Tucson, AZ 85716
TCMC is committed to providing a community that nurtures and supports the teaching and continuing practice of meditation and mindfulness in daily life. TCMC provides opportunites for anyone to learn and practice meditation from both local and visiting teachers. We also provide library resources, social events as well as both residential and non-residential meditation retreats. We are a non-sectarian organization and anyone with an interest in meditation is welcome.
• INSIGHT MEDITATION TUCSON
We are a collective of teachers and practitioners dedicated to the awakening of wisdom and compassion through the practice and study of the Buddha's teachings. We are committed to the deepening of individual practice and the growth of spiritual community.